More awesome info
Local food access
- Local food restaurants and stores: Where to buy local food
- AERO’s Statewide food map: Abundant Montana
- FarmHand’s Flathead Valley food map: Nourish the Flathead
- Good Earth Market’s local producer map: Local Producer Map
- Montana Department of Agriculture: Farmer’s Market Guide
- Montana Department of Tourism: Montana Food and Dining Guide
What’s going on with local food in Montana
- Grow MT is a statewide food policy coalition.
- Farm to Cafeteria is a program that helps you find local producers and institutions buying local food in Montana.
- FoodCorps is an Americorps program bringing local food to kids in schools across Montana.
- Western Sustainability Exchange is a non-profit working to conserve open space, wildlife habitat, and farming and ranching heritage while strengthening rural economies.
- Yellowstone Valley Food Hub. Our Billings chapter, Yellowstone Valley Citizens Council, has developed a feasibility study to determine whether eastern Montana can support a local food hub in Billings for processing, storage, and distribution of regionally produced food.
- Sustainable Table will show you what is seasonal in Montana in August, just enter Montana in the search box.
National Local Food websites
- Local Harvest is an interactive map with many sources of local food, an online buying function, weekly featured foods, plus the ability to track your purchases if you buy through the site.
- USDA’s Local Food Directories of farmers markets, CSAs, food hubs, and on-farm markets.
- Eat Well Guide to local food sources, including local restaurant listings.
- Local Dirt offers local food direct to your door.
- Falling Fruit is a site for local gleaners.
- Agrilicious offers local food-to-market services.